Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 25 11/05/10

The world travelers have arrived, right now I am sitting in the Delta Sky Club. We left yesterday for the airport at 08:00 South African Time (+7 central) our first flight on South African Airlines to Johannesburg departed at 10:50, 19:10 Johannesburg to Atlanta and we finally arrived in Atlanta at 05:51. One more flight to go 11:12 Atlanta to Huntsville and we will finally be home. We have been through security 4 different times to include a full body pat down. All in all we are exhausted and as the saying goes, “There’s no place like home, There’s no place like home.” Would that it could be so easy to click your ruby slippers and bam you are home! Vacations or holidays as they call it in South Africa are a blast, to bad travel sucks the life from your very soul. I am so glad to have the rest of today and the weekend to recover! I wouldn’t trade my experiences for the world, it was a remarkable vacation, one that will be difficult to top, but I am game to try! Now I have to lose all the extra baggage and I don’t mean my luggage! I think, no I know I ate my way through three countries. I am not even sure that I am up to Thanksgiving this year after this three week binge! Signing off!

1 comment:

  1. See you very soon and don't even talk about canceling our TG feast!!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete