Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 8 10/19/10

I know a mass posting but we just found a place to connect to free WiFi.  We woke up early to head out to Clarens to have breakfast.  We found a very nice little cafe The Highlands and a wonderful local girl Julie who was a wealth of information on the area and things to see and do as well as the best routes to get there. I don't have much time left on my free Internet WiFi so I won't be able to work on and publish pictures.  This morning my sunglasses broke, the screw fell out and Will's phone is still not working so we are off Bethlehem to get them fixed, the sun is killer here as well as see if we can get Will's phone to work!  I will work on pics and update past posts when I can.  We are having a great time.  Tired from all the time in the car but it is beautiful here!  I'll post again when I can, until then I will keep my daily journal.  Bye for now!
I'm back after all the events of the morning we headed on down to Royal Natal and rugged Glen in uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park.  The Drakensberg Mountains are a beautiful range and right now they are a mix of winter dusty browns dispersed with spring leaves and flowers bursting to life.   The parks main attraction is the Amphitheater which is just exactly that a natural amphitheater carved out of the Drakensberg Mountain range.  It is a beautiful site to behold.  Will took so many shots at different times to catch the light playing on the range as it set.  I too took quite a few myself and will post them at a later date. I am not that quick at editing and the WiFi connection is slow so combine the two and you wind up with, well you get the picture.  After spending a few hours driving around the park we headed out to our guest house.  Ardmore Guest Farm is a working farm which also has a weaving shop on the premises.  We are staying in the Eland, a two story, two bath, living room, three bedroom with a patio and balcony.   It is located in the Champagne Valley and we have a beautiful view of the Drakensberg Mountains.  We had a wonderful dinner in an open air dining room after which we had tea and retired to our room.  Tomorrow after breakfast, a stop in the weaving shop and a few parting pictures we will head on to our next adventure Swaziland.  This might be the last time I might have WiFi connection.  I will keep my journal and post when I can, I will also work on adding more pictures.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment