Sunday, October 3, 2010

T-8 Another Weekend Down

We all seemingly work for the weekend. Two days out of seven where we don't need to get up early go to work.  Well it is now Sunday night and once again it is time to ready myself to make it through one last week before I am on vacation.
Yesterday Will and I went to Birmingham to do some last minute shopping at the Summit before we leave.  Eddie Bauer was having a sale and it was to good to miss.  What some of you may or may not know about Will is that he is a genius at getting/finding a bargain.  When we arrived Will started chatting up the sales staff, he had just purchased two rolling duffel bags from Eddie Bauer online and was contemplating only keeping one.  We left with both, he talked them into giving him 25% off his online purchase and a rain check for more off via e-mail with the store when their Founders Day sale kicks in while we are on vacation.  I too benefited from his seemingly magical ability to find a discount.  I purchased two convertible pant, pants with legs that zipper off to become shorts, originally $59.99 on sale for $29.99, plus an additional 25% discount, total cost out of the store $49.48. 
We then met a friend and his wife for dinner at a Mediterranean/Greek restaurant Dodiyos.  The food was fantastic, like nothing available in Huntsville.  I highly recommend it if you are ever in Birmingham.
In other news my search for a house/pet sitter is over.  My friend Tracy recommended I call her friend's son, he took care of her two cats while she was just in South Africa.  He came over today to meet Louie and see the house and agreed he would take care of Louie and stay at the house while I am gone.  It is amazing how may loose ends there are when planning to travel, it is always nice when one can be closed.

The last reality of the weekend is all the chores you do not seem to be able to complete during the week, laundry, house cleaning, food shopping etc. you get the picture! 
In a week from today when my head hits the pillow I will awake to start my vacation.  Hard to believe it is almost here, I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment